View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Game Locked at 24Hz in Fullscreen 

Post Game Locked at 24Hz in Fullscreen
When running in Windowed mode I can play the game at 100+ FPS and my monitor runs at 60Hz. When I go full screen 1080p, it locks my monitor at 24Hz. Subsequently the game runs VERY bad and stutters a lot. I have seen one other post about this and the suggestion for a fix was to changed from an HDMI cable to a DVI cable. Because of the screen I use, DVI is not an option. HDMI is my ONLY option.

I've already sent an email to Panzar support (at their request), but I wanted to post here to see if anyone has found an actual fix for this. I really like the game, but it's just unplayable in full screen. :/

Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am

Post Re: Game Locked at 24Hz in Fullscreen
Greetings Fish,

Sorry to hear you have issues playing at a full screen mode, lucky I am here to assist you ;) There is one thing you can try in order to resolve the issue. What you need to do is set your monitor resolution and screen refresh rate in either Nvidia Control Center (if you have a nvidia graphics card) or AMD Catalyst Control Center (if you have an ATI/AMD graphics card). Apply settings and try running game in full screen mode.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

It was already set to 1080p/60Hz. Do you mean I need to apply the setting in there, instead of the standard Windows display options? If so, I'm trying that, to see what happens.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Tried that. Didn't work. Still locking at 24Hz. If I disable Vsync I get a higher framerate, but it still stutters like crazy (I think because it's freaking out my monitor). Tried everything I could think of. Changing the resolution to 720P fullscreen, locked it at 50Hz instead of 24Hz. But it looks and still plays terrible.

Not sure what to do. :(

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 pm

From what I've read, this is related to how the game is programmed and how Samsung TV's work when hooked up to computers. Been using this TV as my primary gaming screen for YEARS now and this is the first time I've run into it. But here's what I've found around the web:

Quote:
You should stop selecting the first string presented as valid EDID information and launching the game based off of this. Every 2011 - 2013 samsung hdtv will render your game at 24hz if you fullscreen it. You're not the first to get it wrong, but it's getting annoying having to inform several companies of this fact. It took crytek 3 games to fix this, and ubisoft never did for ghost recon future soldier surely you guys can do better right ?
Here's some info that might be helpful if you need help getting this right. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind.../gg487330.aspx.

I've found essentially the same description on many different sites.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Greetings Fish,

Thank you for your work regarding the issue. It is much appreciated and certainly will help us to resolve the issue, though it will take a while. It doesn't look like an easy task to fix but hopefully we will sort it out. However until this issue has been resolved, I hope you will be able to play Panzar in Window mode and in case you will get lucky to get a DVI cable you can connect it and play in Fullscreen mode. As a tip, you can have both cables connected to your monitor and switch between them whenever you play Panzar.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:47 am

Any word on a fix for this? It's been 2 months. My monitor doesn't have DVI ports, so playing this game above 24Hz doesn't appear to be an option for me, currently.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]