View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
So before i actually invest too much time ... 

Post So before i actually invest too much time ...
Well as the title says before i actually invest too much time into this game before i realize it's overall crap or has essential gameplay elements missing i would like to ask the community how they feel about this game.

Sofar what i have gathered up from the forums would be a few points which seem valid.

1. OP/UP classes have seen a few people mention zerkers being OP. Since i have only played a few matches i can't really judge how true this is. On the other side i have seen quite a few people mention this and where there is smoke there is fire.

2. P2W ? Pay to win game ? Now i have looked at the in-game shop and noticed you can actually buy lvl ups and a few extra stuffs like bracelets. How much does this affect gameplay ? I mean do you have a shot to even win from people that put in money or are you at a total loss assoon as the match starts ? (to be honest i always find it a MAJOR let down to see cash shops sell anything else except vanity stuffs). It's not like i don't have money to spend on games, on the contrary even. Just i don't want to give money to game companies that with brute or slight pushes "force" you to buy stuff from the cash shop. No money = no fun games mostly suck simply because not everybody is on the same competitive lvl.

3. Very small community ? I have read a few posts that mentioned that this community is really small. Now i have no trouble joining matches being lvl 3, but will that change at a certain lvl ? If it changes how long do you have to wait for a match ?

4. Seen allot of posts about the matchmaking system or rather the lack of one. Is it really as bad as people make it out to be or are there just a few select people complaining ?

All in all from my few first rounds i had good fun and it seems like it could be a nice game at one point, just these points i mentioned above would justify a deinstall from my PC before i already went in too far. Thanks to everybody willing to awnser these questions.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Post Re: So before i actually invest too much time ...
Hello, glad to see new players incoming :) Hope you enjoyed the game as far as you played it :)
I'll try to answer those questions as precisely as I can.

1. A lot of people have been whining about bers being OP because it's power attack knocks back foes and he can then execute the foe which often results in a two shot kill. However, you can counter a bers by blocking his power attacks since they are very slow and thus easy to block. As a bers myself, in tournaments or high level games, being blocked is what happens most of the time and I don't have a feeling of being overpowered.

2. In this game, yes you can buy gear, yes you can buy levels but once you've reached end game (for the moment level 20 then level 30 later on) there is no advantage to be bought. During the leveling phase you may be matched with higher level characters so it might give a feeling of pay to win (though in every other game when you meet with a higher level foe you also generally end up dying :D) Gear however doesn't make everything. You may watch Archi's stream and leveling VOD and see him destroying multiple ennemies with starting gear :). To me the cash shop only makes your leveling faster if you want to and you don't have to pay since you can farm every item in the cash shop with gold and ressources :)

3. A lot of people complain about queue time. As a level 20 i rarely wait for more than 5 mins for a match even when we queue with a 3-man party. People say that leveling 10-12 (or 10-14 don't remember) is hard but you can be matched with level 20s to reduce the wait. Those matchs are hard, since level 20s have more experience and knows many of the games mechanics but it's not a loss by default (unless you have 3-4 leavers in your team but this is a human issue not a dev issue :)) The community is growing and will continue to grow since Panzar may appear on steam. Some threads about Panzar where created on several highly viewed sites so hopefully this will bring some more players :)

4. To me it's just a few people complaining. Panzar is a team game but some people still didn't get that and play solo/don't play the objective etc... so when they fall against a team of coordinated players like SDP and so on, they get stomped. Also the matchmaking sometime matches as said lower levels vs level 20s(or with). People used to whine on waiting time in queue and now they whine because they get matched with 20s. To me it feels that they will never be satisfied with what they actually have. Anyway in this game you hopefully will win a lot if you have some teamplay but surely lose a lot because some teams are just better than others, you just got to know how to lose and win with dignity :)

That's just my feeling about this game, people might agree some might disagree, hope it helps :)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Fresh meat wrote:
1. OP/UP classes have seen a few people mention zerkers being OP. Since i have only played a few matches i can't really judge how true this is. On the other side i have seen quite a few people mention this and where there is smoke there is fire.

The main problem is that people try to go one on one with zerkers with support classes such as sapper or gunner, how do you imagine a support killing a DD class? What is more, up to 10th level(nvm that there are brainless players even on 20s) people don't know what does their class have to do in game, I have seen a lot tanks firing from cannons on Alchemists instead of defending 2nd point... Finally, even when its a zerke vs zerker, people simply don't know when to block/run away/start your own power attack. They don't do the timing right, they don't feel the space between bodies. They are just leftmouseclicking into zerkers power attack, of course they get mad and frustrated that they can't kill a zerker.

Fresh meat wrote:
2. P2W ? Pay to win game ? Now i have looked at the in-game shop and noticed you can actually buy lvl ups and a few extra stuffs like bracelets. How much does this affect gameplay ? I mean do you have a shot to even win from people that put in money or are you at a total loss assoon as the match starts ? (to be honest i always find it a MAJOR let down to see cash shops sell anything else except vanity stuffs). It's not like i don't have money to spend on games, on the contrary even. Just i don't want to give money to game companies that with brute or slight pushes "force" you to buy stuff from the cash shop. No money = no fun games mostly suck simply because not everybody is on the same competitive lvl.
Have to agree to some extent, in my opinion Panzar Studio surely overdo with the advertising of buying for real money. [Oh you don't have 1 res? here, we have the button already changed for you so you can press it accidentally and buy some crystals xD] Playing with premium makes a hell of a difference. With premium you will get 2,5x gold 2x res and 2x exp(or you can turn it into 5x gold xDD) And it's not so expensive, even for me(i play on a microwave...) It is worth buying/crafting some essential amulets (attackspeed for zerker, HP/regen for tank, mastery for inq/dwarfs), you dont need to hold up with full amulets, for example I bought 2 amulets for a month,it is ~20days left and a already got resources for crafting each week for at least next month

Fresh meat wrote:
3. Very small community ? I have read a few posts that mentioned that this community is really small. Now i have no trouble joining matches being lvl 3, but will that change at a certain lvl ? If it changes how long do you have to wait for a match ?

On lower levels the games are foung almost instantly. I have a 20lvl zerker, avarage waiting time at about 6pm CET is 2-5 mins. The first time you find a match it will be a little longer, because you have to wait for some players to finish the fight and start looking for new one that is where you step in. The community is increasing each second.

Fresh meat wrote:
4. Seen allot of posts about the matchmaking system or rather the lack of one. Is it really as bad as people make it out to be or are there just a few select people complaining ?

In 30th patch there will be a fix, there will be a maximum of 2 same classes that can be allowed in game, so no more gunners 4vs4 or 7orcs vs 7orcs, but as you exp to higher level you'll see that some players learn to play and they carry the match to victory, and a sihtload of w@nkers scream on forum because they can't instakill anyone

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 pm

thank you both for your indept replies. I have decided i will give this game a serious shot. Played a few rounds again and now at lvl 8 this game still is allot of fun. Maybe some tweaking in classes would be required, but then again they advertise it as a teamgame before solo. Being on gnomes their case the entire round has proven to be very entertaining ^_^.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:21 pm

BADZULU wrote:
You may watch Archi's stream and leveling VOD and see him destroying multiple ennemies with starting gear :).

Dont compare Archi with noname players, especially on European server where the gap in skillrate between of Archi and other is extremely big. I mean yeah you can compare but it doesn't show how gear does not matter. Archi is one of the top zerks on rus server, one of the first players who reached lvl30

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 pm

It was simply to point out that with a good knowledge of mechanics and training you don't "need" the gear to have a great impact on the games you play. Simply by knowing when to block/strike/run and a good understanding of your skills you can change the outcome of a battle with a better gear foe.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 am

BADZULU wrote:
It was simply to point out that with a good knowledge of mechanics and training you don't "need" the gear to have a great impact on the games you play. Simply by knowing when to block/strike/run and a good understanding of your skills you can change the outcome of a battle with a better gear foe.

I disagree about blocking.
At a certain point, even if you block, a zerk can take out 70% of your health (yesterday my SoS got killed, even with blocking, and it has almost 1.8k hp). Not to talk about shield break.
What's the point in blocking then? That's the main reason people complaing about zerkers: they are at the same time DD (very high damage) and tank (many hp). They are slow, sure, and attacks can be blocked. But then we go back to the first question: what's the point in blocking when you anyway lose 70% - or more - of your HP?

Cocytus (Ice Witch) - Nekrosis (Sister of Fire)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Ipsum wrote:
BADZULU wrote:

At a certain point, even if you block, a zerk can take out 70% of your health (yesterday my SoS got killed, even with blocking, and it has almost 1.8k hp). Not to talk about shield break.
What's the point in blocking then? That's the main reason people complaing about zerkers: they are at the same time DD (very high damage) and tank (many hp). They are slow, sure, and attacks can be blocked. But then we go back to the first question: what's the point in blocking when you anyway lose 70% - or more - of your HP?

I just cannot understand the way you think. It is of my understanding that you play as SoF not
Ipsum wrote:
SoS
, your block percentage is 60% thats low, on 20th lvl avarage zerkers powerattack is 3k(4k+ with stacks) considering the angle between the hit and your position you might resieve up to 90% of damage, but if you stand forward to the hit then you take only 40% of 3k+ that is minimum of 1.2k damage

if I am wrong about SoF then who the hell is sos?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:33 pm

1 - Yep, zergers are quite OP, since they have huge amounts of dmg, block piercing attack (yeah, thats the thing which kills SoFs and others by just 1 hit), knockback attack (which in 90% means you are dead, because he just finishes you off, when you are on the ground) and most importantly, extreme amounts of HP, nearly as much as tank. So he has nice CC with easy kill afterwards, he is nearly a tank with 10k HP on lvl 20 and even if you block, he still has ability to break it, so only way is run away :). Sure, he is very slow, but with P2W model and amulets he can get pretty fast and still it requires very good reaction time to block his PA, since sometimes its to late to interrupt your spell/attack/move and block his PA.
But also tanks get quite the boost in later lvl games, since they block nearly everything and with that their PA gets very strong. So I would say Orcs generally are more OP than any other class.

2 - Yes the game is definitely P2W, because you can easilly buy everithing and most importantly, extra good gear and premium drop rates. So if you compare non payer with payer: non payer has to play like 24/7 to earn enough resources to get at least 3/4 of the full eq, which a payer can get in a nick of time. All thanks to the great probability system of crafting and also the lovered drop rates of resources for those who not pay. So yes you have a shot to have fun and play a nice match, but you must be extremely lucky not to encounter people who are P2W. Since having 3 of those in one team can devastate a team, where is none like that. But if you wanna compare in a 1v1 fight for example an Inqs who is non payer with P2W Inq with full gear (+ epic ones), all amulets, large runes in eq and galons of potions - the P2W inq has much more HP, has Hp regen, is faster, has larger crit prob and has faster attack speed. By simple logic, you must get an answer, that P2W Inqs wins over non payer with a finger up in his ass and smile on face.

3 - Dont know about the community, but I think it must be pretty small, since Ive encountered the same people all the time. It goes also with different lvls, but If the community right now is larger than 1000 persons, I would be suprised. Not to mention, that by this game system and obvious P2W issues, it will get smaller in time.

4 - Matchmaking in this game now means, that whenever you hit lvl 12 you might end up in matches against lvl 20s. Its quite big difference, but its not the level thats the issue here, its the eq those people have. Since the match(puppies)maker gets everyone into a game regardless of their gear. So it happens pretty often, that you see a player with lvl 13 in your team, with low eq and players of lvl 20 with full P2W eqs, who usually kill that lvl 13 by 1 hit, or maybe 2-3, whereas he has to hit them like 30 times. So when you start a game and want to play, you are wishing and praying, you end up in a team where there are more higher geared people, or P2Ws. If you are unlucky, your entire team becomes a punching bag for those previously mentioned and you have to watch how they cut through your defence like a knife through a hot butter (in a better option, since it takes only 4mins for them to win) or, you have to suffer 15 mins of pain and frustration where your team has absolute 0 chance to get past even 1 point and soon or later the P2W team starts to respawnkill you and lough in your face. Or yes, you can leave and lose time and exps, and hope the next game you will be more lucky, how funny and entertaining that is !

These are my insights after playing 2 months in this game and leveling up to lvl 19. If you say I must be very unskilled and low to say such things, you might be true, if everytime Ive played my team was even more low, because Ive been pretty much all the time in top 3 players at the end of the match. But I stopped to play and couldnt bear the frustration it gave to me in later time. And by lowering the drop rates of resources, it gave the last nail to the coffin of this game for me. Goin back to other and much better working F2P games out there.
And if anyone asks me about this game again (because at the beginning I was quite advertising it to many of my friends and community) I say to them, to stick with LoL or anything else, unless they like to pay.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Alligator Blood wrote:
Ipsum wrote:
BADZULU wrote:

I just cannot understand the way you think. It is of my understanding that you play as SoF not
Ipsum wrote:
SoS
, your block percentage is 60% thats low, on 20th lvl avarage zerkers powerattack is 3k(4k+ with stacks) considering the angle between the hit and your position you might resieve up to 90% of damage, but if you stand forward to the hit then you take only 40% of 3k+ that is minimum of 1.2k damage

if I am wrong about SoF then who the hell is sos?

Well i understand this guy. I am playing as a sof too, pretty well geared with 3k hp.
Most of the time, if i block a beserker attack in front of me, 70% of my hp are gone (talking about right click attack). If the attack crits, i am killed anyway.
Pretty same thing happened with inquisitor.
Not to mention some tank able to one hit me in the back, probably a crit attack but it happened many times even with 3k hp.

Funny thing as a sof is you can't kite, inqui and berserks are faster than you anyway. You can bump them once and then...die =)
The only thing you can do is :
-damage them as much as you can before dying (pretty useless since they ll use a pot anyway)
-make them fly and run into your teamates if you can rely on them.

My point of view is:
-Inqui are strong, maybe too strong atm.
-Berserk are strong, damage are ok i guess since they have a very low as (that can be fixed with amulet,berserk self buff+paladin as buff), but they definitely deserve a nerf on their hp. Maybe the hp pool of maybe some sort of hp drain when they use a skill or stuff like that. That's how berserker are supposed to worked in the roleplay lore.

As an experienced esport player on others games like this, this game is fun but ll never be competitive on the esports scene if they don't make any strong changes.
Like the pots you know. There is a healer role, it's enough. What's the point of being full life with 1 second animation. Tank with 12k+ hp are already a pain in the ass to take down. With pots, it's like dropping 24k hp+ to clear the point. You know what i mean alligator.
It's also the same thing when i fight a berserk or inqui. I die and drop them maybe 4/5k life, i would be happy to say my teammates ll finish them but they just have to take a pot and do it again. Potions are gamebreaking, seriously, like the difference between geared/non geared players, freeplayers and payplayers.
if the game wants to be successfull and reach a wider audience, and i would really like it to be sucessfull, the only things that need to be paid should have been cosmetic, that's all.

IamTheAttack - Berserker/20

Asla - Ice Witch/20

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next