View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Range DPS glitching on waterfall KOTH 

Post Range DPS glitching on waterfall KOTH
Just wondering if getting up the rock on the waterfall KOTH map is "legit". Seen way too many idiot Fire mages standing there and owning up the middle. Doesn't help that your teammates are usually useless and if you try to get to the mage as inquis they can simply fall off and get back up and kite you that way... Very frustrating

Sun May 05, 2013 12:00 am

Post Re: Range DPS glitching on waterfall KOTH
Any screenshots?

Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 am

Sorry didn't think of that...
I'm not sure if it is 100% a glitch, but the rocks are very iffy (will throw you off sometimes, hence it's easy for someone to sit on top rock and just spam range attacks while melle helplessly watches).

The rock I'm talking about is just on the left hand side of the left pillar - coming from red spawn. Easy for red players to set up shop on the rock and reign chaos. Ill try to get a screenie for ya

EDIT: Here's the screenshot. Getting up this rock while someone's standing on it is a huge pain...

Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 am

Yep, it is legit. Why not? Basically any place where you can get without exploiting a bug is legit. So be ready for even more frustrating situations.

ImageImage

Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 am

Hmm, my point is, it's very easy for ONE person to get up there - i.e. Fire With. When I try to get there to kill the damn thing I usually end up falling off due to the fact that her fat ass is taking up the whole damn platform if you catch my drift.

It's possible to get up there, but it will usually take more time than your cloak gives you as inquis, and once the cloak is down you're toasted by an endless volley of fireballs

Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 am

You can push her off from this rock. Or even land a power attack while doing so. It's a matter of practice. I know that physics here works strange and some collisions are buggy, but this is the way it is. It's legit though to use a terrain to your advantage, so you have to expect this from your opponents.

ImageImage

Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 am

I'm sorry but this cannot be a LEGIT tactics! Look at this player, 2 traps and a gun up top. Every time I would go there I would kill his gun then he would throw me off with his stupid special attack, I would be low on health so I wouldn't be able to go back up because of the traps which would kill me... This is not legit

Makes me so mad, all he did was shoot from up there and still came first for his team. Pathetic

Sun May 05, 2013 12:20 pm

It's just a turret with couple of traps. No biggie. Wait until he places some tesla rods there and a gravi. Gunners sure can be maddening. Brace yourself, it will be worse.

ImageImage

Sun May 05, 2013 1:09 pm

white_noise wrote:
It's just a turret with couple of traps. No biggie. Wait until he places some tesla rods there and a gravi. Gunners sure can be maddening. Brace yourself, it will be worse.

Oh my god...
I'm crying inside... I could handle all the traps and other BS if it was on even ground, but on that rock, COME ON THAT AINT FAIR!

Sun May 05, 2013 1:23 pm

If you think that place is untouchable... get ready for other maps...

Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next