View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
New Rating System 

Post New Rating System
Can someone please help me understand the new rating system beyond gear. Meaning help understand what raises or lowers during a game. If you loose a match its -10 rating, however even when I win and perform in top half of group still -10 rating.

So loose= -10 rating and win (playing to win)= -10 rating.... In your pregame screen you mention to play as a teamwork, however the way the system is structured you will only force players to "farm" kills for points.

Earlier I was in the match where you protect the mechanism from being destroyed. However, everyone ignored the mechanism and the objective to win just to farm kills.

So how does one raise their current rating in game??? Can someone please provide details around the math associated.

Thanks

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Post Re: New Rating System
already done a topic on it too, exactly the same thing as u on this map, as a tank playing mecanism i loose battle value lol

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

My theory:
The patchnotes say that the battlevalue does not change fast anymore. Or something like that. Don't remember the exact words.

So let's say the battlevalue can only change +-10 per step.
You have 4000. You lose. You get -25. But since you can only have +-10 per step you only go down to 3990 with -15 waiting behind in the pipe.
Next game you win and get +10. This makes the number in the background to -5. So you still lose -5 overall although you won the last match.
All the numbers are imaginary!!!

How many points you win or lose per match depends on your score, I guess.
Or maybe you need to make more points than your battlevalue is to improve your value. That means that you still lose battlevalue although your team won but you only got very low points.
Or maybe its a mix of all that and even more aspects hidden internally and whatever.

I would be glad to have Queen Bee explain it to us in a livestream like she did before with the battlevalue =)

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Panzar Studio brings a new feature into the game but cant explain it...

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 pm

I agree, getting a better understanding and explanation is needed. The last thing we want is people farming rating! I can see this getting worse because people will start quitting games before they loose just to protect their rating.

Heyyyy I have high rating cuz I win 80% of my games..... doesn't include that he quit 150 games. Or like Cokeliko said... loosing value because the team is just farming for points.

Cokeliko - man I was like WTH is going on..... no one was even near the mechanism....everyone was just running around killing.

Another issue with how it is setup is you do not have a balanced group every match. And the skills you use or need to use to win will differ from game to game. If I'm farming rating I can just burn class points on kills rather than using a sky fire on the point which helps the team. I just played 2 games with no tank, no healer, 1 Zerk on my team..... Every game is different and the system should allow for that... I feel the team win should always be more important than individual score!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm going to get you guys an answer

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:04 pm

White Wolf wrote:
I'm going to get you guys an answer

No! Dont ask! Panzar Studio should learn from their mistakes

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 pm

I got around +~5 rating after every game, when i was in the loser team too, dont understand:D

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 pm

BATTLE VALUE = LEVEL + EQUIPMENT + PLAYER SKILL

Battle value does not count victory or losses. It evaluates your personal effectiveness in combat and your actions towards other players (who you killed, how you helped you team, who killed you). It is simply a complex algorithm to evaluate your general game value. In Panzar, battle value is more important that your level.

And if you really want to know the exact maths - it goes something like this:

Unhumbly, Your European Community Manager

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:00 am

AriOrH wrote:
Система не странная, а признанная во всём мире для оценки мастерства спортсменов. Часто применяется в играх
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A0%D0% ... 0%BB%D0%BE

ENG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Samogon (paladin)

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next