View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
About Respect 

Post About Respect
a smile is written with a colon in front of )
Global chat and matches are international and all players should talk in english.
When i'm in game, i expect my mates to share their thoughts in english.
I'm Italian but i talk in english because i respect people.
You have merged the player base but it looks like your comrades haven't ever heard about politeness.

I would like also to make you an example in game: let's take 2 teams with some mixed international players.
Your people totally ignore us but there is a high advantage when one of those team is all composed of russians (talking same language), while our russian team mates don't even try to read what we write (and in one of your game advices, you even push team collaboration... lol ).

I'm tired of all this russian mind closure and ignorance.
You are talking to the rest of the world (and before that playing with us), so you should begin to respect us.
I've read a post (feedback section) about English/Russian basic dictionary "cause most russian don't talk english". So must i learn basic Russian and buy a russian keyboard or MAYBE Russian people should properly begin to talk in english LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD?

Maybe one open letter from the devs to their country people on this forum would make the first step towards tollerance and collaboration, while you are just increasing everyday our hate for Russians.

Thanks for reading.

Sun May 18, 2014 12:35 am

Post Re: About Respect
Politeness? Come on, maybe they just cannot speak english. Russia is a huge country, which could explain to some degree why they cannot speak nor understand english, if they indeed can't.

As for the example, usually both teams are full of Russians, except for maybe 2 players in a team. And it is obvious that 8 players will ignore the 2 if they cannot understand what the 2 guys type. And if you speak of communication advantages.. cmon.. public games.. 70% ppl just do not communicate with others at all.
And again, how could the Russians even try to read what we type if they simply dont know the language? And you say they must buy a Latin keyboard?

Yes, it would be great if at least majority of them could speak english. But I guess you won't disagree that it is understandable that such a huge country doesn't make its ppl study a certain language. I've heard that they study different languages.
Google finds they learn mostly English, French, German, Spanish. You still can never know its levels..

After the merge I was really angry with the fact of their 'ignorance' (apostrophes pointed out), too. But, we should understand it and not blame any each of them. Tollerance;)

By the way, i know Cyril, many times when I asked in game if anyone spoke english i got a 'ec' (Cyril 'yes').

Sun May 18, 2014 1:02 am

Xylar wrote:
Politeness? Come on, maybe they just cannot speak english. Russia is a huge country, which could explain to some degree why they cannot speak nor understand english, if they indeed can't.

(...)

By the way, i know Cyril, many times when I asked in game if anyone spoke english i got a 'ec' (Cyril 'yes').

Russia is a huge country: sorry but that's not a point. It's not about small or huge, english is the international language used worldwide and threads like "learn basic russian" is crazy. There are lots of matches were many players AREN'T russians but they are unable to communicate with closed minds.

70% ppl just do not communicate with others at all: nice 'real' statistics! yeah that's why many of us have to shut down voice chat since all we hear is alien sounds and, you know, if they already communicate between themselves, you're already WRONG.
International players don't communicate if they have already understood no one will ever reply.
People share ideas and strategies, they also make new friends, etc
if you ever played any other online game other than panzar, you know that, so stop this crazyness.

I've heard that they study different languages: let's see you say in some parts that they don't know english and the point is they don't even try to do that. In other mmo i've made new friends which didn't know english but they at least TRIED day by day to learn basic words and form simple sentences.

Google finds they learn (...): let's all knee to the new gods Google and Apple. They will say to us what to do and how to live, nice joke really. Sorry but there are still lots of people with common sense.

i know Cyril: you know cyril, what do you think i (and probably most over the world) care about it?

Sorry Xylar but i do believe you got your mind too much in game. In the real world when you will travel somewhere, you will have to talk in english, has anyone ever explained to you why? ask google for that :)

Sun May 18, 2014 2:03 am

Imho Russia cannot be at all compared to North America or Europe (I guess there aren't any Panzar players from other sides of the world) in the aspect of communication. In the most or even all of the countries in NA and EU people learn English as an obligatory. As far as i know in Russia they learn only the languages they want to. In NA and EU there isn't comunism, while Russia is a comunistic country. Moreover, Russia has totally different alfabeth. So Russians are totally different people, kind of cut from the 'worldwide', existing on their own. You cannot require from them speaking and typing english. They are geographically half (yeah i know it's an exaggeration) of the world...

You tell me that it's not 70% or at least close to that? If there is someone speaking on voice chat it's one maybe two players - I'm talking about a usual match. And I don't think anything changed since last month when I still played regularly.
And believe me it wasn't much different before the merge.

This is not craziness. This is Panzar. And I am talking about Panzar, not any other online game, which by the way isn't so much different as well, in this aspect (I play 3 very popular online games these times and there isn't much more communication than here). There is just no time for typing, you have to fight.
And for sharing ideas, strategies, gaining friends, with nearly only ppl who can speak english, you have the global chat. And the global chat on EU or the one on NA server isn't accessible for people from RU server. If you see some Russian in global chat it is as 'usual' (in fact - rare) as any other languages met in global chat (just some people who troll).

You see, there is such a problem with Russian people that they have all characters completely different than ours. You cannot change that. And you cannot require from them knowing our characters and after that our language, in a Russian game.

eeee? When I want to get to know something about some group of people living on the whole globe or just its parts, the first thing i do is type google.com . Do you find any other ways to do it? :)

I told about the Cyril thing so that you "(and probably most over the world)" could know how I could understand the answer 'ec' meaning 'yes'. As simple as it is ^^

We talk about the game and about what happens in the game.
But as you turn to the real life, well, go to Russia, I wonder who you will talk to. My feeling says there won't be many people speaking English. This is a Russian game, I guess there is 50 times as much Russian players than others here. Wouldn't be surprised if it was more.

Sun May 18, 2014 4:28 am

1) Look at my register date on the bottom left of the posts:

Kaerdak - Joined: Sun May 05, 2013
Xylar - Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013

So you are not in any position about telling to me how it was Panzar, maybe i could explain it better to you how it was in the beginning, specially the worst online marketing i've ever seen for an online game.

2) As a gamer you should at least know that Japanese, people on the other side of the world, have even MUCH MORE difficulties learning english, but they TRY HARD and feel shame in front of strangers.

3) So if we talk about diplomacy and different cultures coming in contact, all the world should learn Russian for their weak willpower? I would like to tell you a very nice movie quote: "Do or Do not. There is no try."

4) Have you ever looked at Panzar facebook profile? thousands of comments and ONLY english used.
Have you ever looked at Panzar thousands of comments on Steam? There could be even thousands more international players who have left cause of the lack of COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT.

My posts aren't about hate, i love panzar but i also like to make CONSTRUCTIVE posts. I would prefer cultures getting closer, while it seems like you just prefer to bash your hands on the keyboard and continue to play your beloved game. I haven't said This game is sh*t, i have said "ehy Russian people, we exist and we like to play with you, could you begin to make a step towards the world?".

Your advices point towards something like: when a russian comes here in Rome and asks me on informations about road to Vatican or 'Piazza di Spagna', maybe i should answer 'russo di merda impara l'italiano e trovatela da solo la strada'.

Sun May 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Well, can see things from this side and that side. You're arguments are pretty correct. English is the main 'gamer' language, and people just talk English in games. Everybody can understand it, and who can't goes and learns it.
I started to play 'Tera' recently. I play on an explicit German server, and people whisper me in English...

But in Panzar the situation is somewhat different I think. What we have worldwide is that most people speak English. So the language is English. But in Panzar, the most people speak Russian. So it's Russian. Sounds simple, is simple.

The question now is, is it worth to 'force' 90% of the playerbase to learn English? What about if we learn Russian?
Both options seem ridiculous. And what is ridiculous will not be done.

Solutions could be, that the game offers an already discussed communication system. Hotkeys for like "follow me" or such, similar to what the existing Help and Heal are, just more in Detail. Or, the EU and NA community just grows larger than the RU community, and we outnumber them. Russians that can speak English will speak RU now in the chat, but if outnumbered, they will speak En.
I don't see any other solutions. Your suggestion, that all RU talk EN, seems - as said - not realistic at the moment. We are just 2 EU and 18 RU in the games, so why the hell should they talk English? Would you do it if you were Russian?
Or: Would you build a wheelchair entrance in your public building for shitload of money, if you weren't forced to by the law?
Anyway, if they speak Russian, they reach more people than if they would talk English. The 18 Russians understand Russian, and maybe 10 people (the 2 EU and 8 Russians) understand English. So you can also ask the question, if it isn't disrespectful for the Russians to talk English as a Russian.

Welcome in the minority.

Mon May 19, 2014 2:55 am

@Icy Tom, I would like to thank you for your post because this is *constructive*.

I do believe you're right but i would like to go deeper in what i was trying to say.
The problem is they totally wish to ignore us and those who can probably talk in english don't do it. Why do i say this? I've experienced the same situation on other mmo in past (and probably lots of players have experienced the same) and quite all the russians join their guilds ignoring the other players.
The problem is very noticeable here on Panzar and i'm not requesting them to learn advanced english but they are too much 'nationalists'.

The first step to a better communication with other cultures is listening to the other people opinions and be open minded.
We don't bite and it would be a pleasure to see at least some basic english words used for an overall better teamplay.

Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 am

Come on guys... most of the ppl in the world speak mandarin and if tomorow Putin disides to start selling Oil in rubles, you will have to start leaning Russian.

Btw i learned Russian after 2 years of panzar and have to say, that nothing the guys say ingame, have something to do with politeness... Most of the time they debate what type of mental disease the rest of us have...

Mon May 19, 2014 11:03 am

Orkslayer wrote:
(...) Btw i learned Russian after 2 years of panzar and have to say, that nothing the guys say ingame, have something to do with politeness... Most of the time they debate what type of mental disease the rest of us have...

It looks like you are some decade out of timeline...grats for learning a language already considered internationally dead even by them (just search on whatever you want for that).
Btw that wasn't the only focus of this thread.

Mon May 19, 2014 2:02 pm

kaerdak has raised an interesting discussion. i find frustrating not being able to communicate with the group i'm playing with, but doesn't mean i want to learn russian (amazing language but if i want to learn it, i go to school)
don't be naive, every gamer know a little bit of english (usless say no, english is the common language on the internet and in videogames) so if i have to pray people to answer me in english, i think it's just because they don't want talk in english, simple.

Mon May 19, 2014 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next