View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Examples of balance 

Post Examples of balance
Hello. I wanna show you the most ridiculous, horrible and strange setup of matchmaking which i saw in last 5 days in Panzar.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:28 pm

Post Re: Examples of balance
All common for a long time, for ever actually. I wonder if we can even hope it will be better?

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 am
Xylar wrote:
All common for a long time, for ever actually. I wonder if we can even hope it will be better?

Again you, do you have to comment on everything? 890 nonsense posts. Lost your hope? what are you doing here then? go play tetris.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Unbalance, ok but what you see as unbalance is not always what the system sees as unbalance.

If you talk about unbalance please explain a little more, if you have a valid argument I can present it to the Studio, now I only have screenshot and do only know they it is unbalanced in your opinion.

For the system balance depends not only on eff but also on other values that are taken into account especially the time someone has been waiting for a battle influences balance.

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Headquarters wrote:
Xylar wrote:

Again you, do you have to comment on everything? 890 nonsense posts. Lost your hope? what are you doing here then? go play tetris.

101 posts, 100 directed to me. If you have a pain in your back I can give you contact to a good doctor. My grandma used to have hemoroids.

@WW the thing is what system SHOULD see as the imbalance. e.g. one team 2xbers+2xfrost+fire, the other taem bers+2xfrost+tank+heal. Unplayable for the first team. These things happen always, 80% of the games.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:03 pm

are you tired of seeing the same thing in every battle? are you tempted to leave every battle because you already know the outcome before the battle even begins?

restore fun and faith in panzar.

remove class limit in battle. 8 sappers 8 berserkers 8 witches. delete efficiency for matchmaking. make matchmaking random but make levels of mastery and other statistics for game finding and balance. 1000-2000 mastery one game / 2000-3000 other / 3000-4000 ... 6000-8000. premade team of more than 2-3 players play only against another premade - mandatory.

panzar reborn,

the way its supposed to be and was in the past - fun and unpredictable !

_____

make 2 modes of pvp:

1st mode - the way it is now.
2nd mode - the one suggested above.

2nd mode will be more popular guaranteed.

leave the professionalism and class rigidness for clan battles.

majority of people who play on public games do it for fun - they may not be ready for ultimate strategy and the best teamplay possible. don't seperate the casual player from the professional player.

and see how the game shines again,

a new era of panzar

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 am

Sorry LTH but your "Idea" is stupid.

The match is broken even if you got 2 Sapper in your team. And you want that 8 sapper can play in one team?
Sorry but this doesnt help anyone!

The Problem is , we have limit to 8 guys thats okay. But you can have 4 Dwarfs in your team, and thats to much!
For good , Balanced, Funny game you need the Important Classes.

Frost,Tank,Heal,Berserk, also 1 Good ink can change the completly balance.
So Frost,Tank,Heal,Berserker,and INk must be even -> rest can fill up with dwarf's or something else who que in this moment!

Games without Frost -> are broken!
Berserker with mighty swing can abuse this situation so hard, and if enemy team has not a good tank who fokus this berserk with shieldstrike , it going really worst!

So for good Games,
Both teams NEED
Tank,Frost,Fire,Healer,Ink, Berserk. -> 2 slots free for something else

Both teams need nearly the same BV on this charakters.

So and this cant work, with our playerbase!
So explain about Balance doesn't help anyone, cause they cant change it! or the dont want to change it.
They can delete all Upgrades , and everyone start on lvl 30 -> so no low LvL exist, also everyone got epic equipment.
That would help our Matchmaking, cause we got more guys with same stuff, and then they are splittet into Skillgroups.

I can tell you what i do since some mounth's.
I just play Charakters who need not so much support from other Charakters.
Supportclasses (tank/frost/heal) is on Public really frustrating , so if you want to play 1 support clas,just leave in beginning of match until you got a real game.
Or Switch to INK /Sapper or berserker and have some fun in Publicgame.

All high player do this now. or they play like dumb in Public to get some BV.
Win or loose most guys doesnt care about it!
Example Stiller -> he know how to play, he know how to win. But he dont care.
He take cruelsplit / Manarunes / Manadrain / Manashield , and just cruelsplit all, and dont try to take point!
But i can understand this style, with this MM you can leave, or you can farm. no other option!

Ah and this is also the BIGGEST problem from BV system since exist!
Win or Loose is not so important, Points much more Important!
Most guy's play for BV. that follows to this "farm" builds who nobody use to win a game, just to get some points and big BV.

AuniderIngi - Gunner
Aunderheiler - Healer
Auni - Inquisitor
Groruk - Berserk
Aunionfire - SoF
Aunii - Sapper

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:10 am

getting 8 sappers in 1 team is pretty low in chance, i'm sure you understand that.

idea is to pretty much take away the "faulty human factor" and make it as random as possible. and then skill decides the game. do whatever you can with what team and classes you get.

this is what a random public game should be. and most people who play casually would agree on that. and if you're a pro, you can always gather your own team to play on a higher scale. leave public games for fun. do you see how much rage you see in chat when someone isn't doing what he's "supposed to do". that says a lot. so again, leave the borderline competetiveness for tournaments and clan matches. what purpose does a clan match have if it's basically the same as a public game with the same focus on the same classes and same playstyle over and over again?

you say idea is stupid. but you have not yet grasped the concept of both teams having random classes of equal statistical capability (minus skill). this is not comparing perfect team vs 8 sappers. this is to compare both teams that will have imperfections (not like it is now, both teams are exactly the same but one doesn't have a tank or a frost)

please have another thought at this. get out of that mold you are accustomed to where you have a predispositioned idea of how games should be like, based on that "perfect" team combination that wins tournaments.

variety is key. repetetiveness makes the game grow old very fast.

not to mention boring and frustrating. both for experienced and newer players, not being on the same understanding and skill level, and ruining the game for one another.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:11 am

Sorry but a game without tank, against a 7k+ mastery gunner is not funny or so, its just braindead.
Or Against 3-4 Elves, cause so much free cp for them, if they are not completly dumb they will use this to win!

2 Sapper is really puppies in team, even more is more puppies.
1 Sapper is okay, about cp mechanik, if you know sapper , you wouldn't support a idea to give more sapper in 1 team!

Also Broken mechanics come with unbalanced teams . Maybe its funny on 2k-3k bv games.
But if you got a 5k bv guy in a game with bad balance he will know how to abuse this!

and pls tell me, who are you ingame, it makes no sense to discuss with you, if i dont know who are you.

AuniderIngi - Gunner
Aunderheiler - Healer
Auni - Inquisitor
Groruk - Berserk
Aunionfire - SoF
Aunii - Sapper

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:07 am

it seems like you're still looking at it from inside the box.

the concept worked before in the past, and should work now (with eff removed and level/statistic based matchmaking put into place), especially when now almost every class has something to counter other classes, and support classes also have damage dealing skills.

for gunners, you forgot that berserkers can easily wipe out all constructions with vortex. they have jump smash that is useful in some situations as well. inquisitors can also restore hp/energy by destroying constructions. and sappers can stop the functioning of any multiple constructions with their grenade in an instant. fire mages can launch a skyfire in the worst case scenario.

with the latest update, tank's shield can wear off. depending on how fast, this might make it less crucial in situations against a lot of firepower going at it. which is a good thing.

again, remember that in the past, there were almost no limits for classes, and it seemed to work really well.

it seems to me that you are too stuck in your head. and i don't blame you. panzar is/was really ignorant about any positive changes to the game. it seems like they're going at it blindfolded. whatever outcome. they do not have the guts to do any reverse changes.

and may i ask you, why it doesn't make sense to discuss with me if you don't know me in game?

i can tell you that i have 3300 games with 58% win rate with 11 left games on the character that i play on RU server.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next