View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Examples of balance 

Post Re: Examples of balance
Just one thing I'd like to disagree with is the thing with the eff system existence - it does exist at least since the QB's times, even if it was unknown how many points of bv/eff you had.

Just two easy things could make a huge and spectacular change:
1. make battles only according to characters' stats (eq). Make the better-skilled (making better performance in the battles) players gain quite a lot more resources so they can quickly get to battles with the +/- equally skilled players.
2. same classes for both teams, or at least no lack of a class when there is one in the other team (e.g. if there are 1-2 zerkers in one team, there MUST be also at least 1 in the other) - under some minimal conditions connected with the number of characters of each 'tier' online at particular moment.

Everything would get balanced in one month. Number of players would increase twice after just a few months, and it wouldn't stop for years.

The thing is can we get to the devs with it, can we get an exhausting, reasonable and serious answer about it?

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:02 pm

the most recent answer that i know of, is that they won't make it mastery/statistic/equipment based, because eff system is there to protect those that can't play very well. in their eyes, it's ok to match up a player against 2x stronger players if he's a good player. his skill will win the battle even against stronger equipped players.

so they won't make it, because then the weaker skilled players wouldn't be able to play normally = less donations.

and it's never enough donations )

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Oh, so it's still all about their conviction 'we get more from 1000x10 than 1000000x1'..

The problem with the protection 'need' would be solved tho, by what I said about the tempo of resources gathered... Wouldn't it

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:05 am

you still dont tell me the name of your charakter? why?

Anyway discuss has no sense, cause the problem is, PLayerbase.
Your Idea is not good in my opinion, i want good matches, especialy if i play frost.
If i see unbalanced matchmaking, i just leave instantly.
And try it again, if MM is worst again i switch to a charakter like INK or Sapper or sometime berserk.
(And no i dont do that to get high bv, i know anyway that i can play.
I just want to get a normal match, with Tank and so on!)

On this classes, you have right, i dont care much about the Balance.
with INK its better for me that we have stupid game without heal, so i can spam poison 24/7.

AuniderIngi - Gunner
Aunderheiler - Healer
Auni - Inquisitor
Groruk - Berserk
Aunionfire - SoF
Aunii - Sapper

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:57 pm

ok so the problem is too high expactations for a public game. what would naturally be achieved on a pro match of tournament or clan battle, you wanna achieve that on a public game with random people. it ain't gonna work i tell you.

so why not leave public games for fun. with as much randomness as possible. and if you want that epic pro game, you can take your friends or clan and go against another team that have their friends or clan. now it doesn't make any sense if say Order or Mystery makes a premade and they are matched up against random people in a public game, does it ?

xylar got a good idea with better drop rate. so depending on your statistics and what tier game you play, you can get better drop rates for the important items like runes/chests/keys etc. so there would be incentive to strive for higher games. and i believe people would still pay to achieve those levels faster.

most importantly, players would be able to know their skill by playing on equal terms against other opponents who are of similar gear/statistic strenght, and not be subjected to efficiency abusers who lowered down their numbers purposely. they would also be able to experience the game in its entirety, and not be immediately forced into a single mold of the same matches with same classes and same playstyle over and over again.

remove expectations from players, and let them enjoy the game for what it is.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

okay i see, make no sense to discuss with you.
So for you it must be the perfect matchmaking.
Cause you got 5k bv against 3k, classes who nobody need (2 sap example)
or let you shot 24/7 while you have no shield and enemy has.

And still you dont want to tell me your charakter.
Im pretty sure you play something like Gunner/ink or fire or so . On bv with 3.5 or so.
And then you got only low lvl games, sometime with high bv where you get rekt, but then back to low lvl.
You have no clue about the brokenes of matchmaking in high lvl i think.

AuniderIngi - Gunner
Aunderheiler - Healer
Auni - Inquisitor
Groruk - Berserk
Aunionfire - SoF
Aunii - Sapper

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Players who haven't upgraded a single character to full eq just with the resources collected from battles, without spending a crystal, do not and will not ever have a clue of how matchmaking is really spoiled.

Also, low playerbase is the result, not the reason of what we see in game.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:25 pm

White Wolf wrote:
If you talk about unbalance please explain a little more, if you have a valid argument I can present it to the Studio, now I only have screenshot and do only know they it is unbalanced in your opinion.

Here, how about these?

That's OVER two times as much mastery as I have! Not even counting the health difference.

There's no justificating that. This situation simply shouldn't happen. Yet it did, and still does. That's the definition of "unbalanced" at its purest.

Bum Badiradira! Chodź kochanie, chodź!
    Nie bój, nie bój się Panzara, oo!

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:40 pm

that's not even the most hardcore example, cause he still have a pretty decent eff for those numbers. there are instances of some players that have 7k mastery and only 3k eff. talk about da balans will ya.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 pm

so yeah white wolf, present them these 4 main elephants in the room:

1. mastery difference so severe not even funny.

2. premade teams playing against random players. premade teams of 3-8 or 4-8 players should play against another premade team of similar value.

3. if you focus on that same ideal composition on public games and matchmaking, both teams must have the key classes like tank/healer/frost. can't miss any one of them, if the other team have it.

4. and BONUS:

1) since strict class restriction in matchmaking is plain boring, bring back random class matchmaking, as long as each one has an equal or similar equipment/statistical capability, that should bring back the fun in panzar!

2) make matchmaking equipment/statistic (hp/mastery/energy/will) based.

cheers

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next