View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
>>>>Pay-To-Win + Other Suggestions<<<< 

Post >>>>Pay-To-Win + Other Suggestions<<<<
Hello, I've been playing Panzar for a few days and have a few thoughts and concerns as I believe this could become an even better game. I have not played to a high level nor played every class, but considering the mechanics seem to be quite linear I don't really feel the need to know everything to have an opinion.

Pay To Win

Anyway, my first and biggest concern are the micro transactions. I Never agree with the concept of paying into a game to gain an advantage, even if it is not a permanent one. I would like to see this game step away from Pay to Win style of playing. That means cutting out gem purchases for; items, respecs, resources, and even as far as removing extra gold with the premium.

This game does not need to use peoples' incentive to get ahead to make money as there are plenty of opportunities to make profits from cosmetic micro transactions. The game would only be able to get bigger and better in my opinion. There could even be more competition instead of "Wallet Warriors" dominating the matches, more or less. How often do you see a game with Pay-To-Win features run live E-sports tournaments? Not many, if any at all.
But like I mentioned, even if it is not a permanent advantage (Meaning everyone is roughly equally geared at max level) it still takes away from the enjoyment from the game for everyone.

There is already proof that you can run a successful game using only cosmetic micro transactions, just look at games like Path of Exile and League of Legends.

Please just consider my point, stray away from Pay-To-Win (even if only a step at a time).

Other suggestions

These are some other jumbled suggestions/bugs I would like to see implemented/fixed in the game (Some have been mentioned on this forum I believe)

-Waiting screen; Allow players to queue for games in the lobby and possibly have an expected queue time.
-Allow respecs to cost gold instead of gems.
-The ability to create a custom game for friends and/or just yourself to explore new maps/tactics.
-Improve ally collision; When an ally runs into you, they should not knock you about like a football, this is more of an annoying mechanic than a useful/realistic one.
-Allow defend/attack maps to be chosen even at level 1, even if it is just one, It gets quite repetitive otherwise. (This may have been changed already? I am not sure. To be confirmed)
-Allow/fix alt+tab out of the game (Currently I have to bring up the "End Task" menu to minimize the game as my windows key also does not seem to have the desired effect, I am not sure if this is a problem solely with the game or with windows(Alt+Tab works with most other games just fine with the exception of one or two)).
-Sometimes while aiming an ability (usually when looking downwards towards enemies off a ledge) the reticule will snap/jump, making an accurate shot impossible.
-More cosmetic changes (Including gender changes).

Well that is all for now, I haven't played enough to really notice more annoyances or issues that concern me much past those I already listed (Apart from possible balancing issues, which I would like to keep out of this topic for now).

Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:28 am

Post Re: >>>>Pay-To-Win + Other Suggestions<<<<
I can understand the points about Pay2Win you have. I can imagine that it's a hard thing to balance for the developers though, they need to make money in some way.

I think it's lame that you can buy levels and equipment with better stats for money but I think what Premium gives you is ok and cosmetic items like dyes can definitely cost real money (although the price is ridiculous for them as I've mentioned in my last thread), doesn't bother me at all. Sure you level faster and get more gold with Premium but at least you have to play the game for quite some time to get better at it instead of buying your way to the top although if you buy your way all the way to the top you will still miss out in experience (not XP but real life experience playing the game) but up to date equipment does a lot of difference in this game.

Respecing with gold should be possible. You barely know how effective the spells are and how they work before you spec in them, you simply have to use them to know what the effect are. It's not fair that you have to pay real money to respec in this situation.

The ability to create custom games with friends is of course very tempting and I think they really should improve on this (allow friends to get matches together, possibly get 5 friends together and matchmake with 5 other unknown players etc). Guess it will add to the server costs though. Possibly make it a Premium feature.

Guess the possibility to move allies is there so you cant troll by blocking the whole team at some thin tunnel or something. I think they should remove teammate collision all together.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

The devs need to make money to keep the server running and to improve the game. I respect that.
But I really can't believe that they reduced the drop rate of items to almost 0. So who does not pay have to farm like...a week for a small piece of gear? I'm thinking of sappers, tanks and healers, they have difficulties in getting points and reach the first positions.
I do not agree with their choices. They could have introduced more items for paying members (non-breaking-game ones) instead of reducing the drop rate.

Cocytus (Ice Witch) - Nekrosis (Sister of Fire)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 pm

This game is so broken...starting with the mechanics and unbalanced classes and ending with total shitty matchmaking system.
Ive tried to give a chance for this game couple of times, when Ive deleted it in frustration from the P2W loosing games. Srsly when you encounter a game, where your undergeared team has 0 chance to fight against P2W overgeared russians like 10 in a row, you think twice, if this game really is worth your effort and time.

If the devs need money and they need to earn them by such a lousy way, ok, but let the people with payed eq play against each other and not let them ruin games for people who dont.

Panzar devs, you just killed this game by your inactivity and overlooking of major P2W issues, which should be adressed in a very short time. Not to mention that after you lovered the drop ratios of resources you pretty much made the game unplayable for everyone who wants to play it just for free.

So I am leaving this game for good and going back to normal F2P model games like LoL, Vindictus, Tera , where people who dont pay can actually play and have much more fun than in this joke of a game !!!
And say what you want, I am telling everyone who asks me, that this game is only for those who want to pay and I dont recommend it.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Am seeing this game going the same route as War-z, go all out cash-shop P2W.
Guess these Russians like their game to money-grab both them and others.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:34 am

Zombiesbum wrote:
Hello, I've been playing Panzar for a few days and have a few thoughts and concerns as I believe this could become an even better game. I have not played to a high level nor played every class, but considering the mechanics seem to be quite linear I don't really feel the need to know everything to have an opinion.

Pay To Win

Anyway, my first and biggest concern are the micro transactions. I Never agree with the concept of paying into a game to gain an advantage, even if it is not a permanent one. I would like to see this game step away from Pay to Win style of playing. That means cutting out gem purchases for; items, respecs, resources, and even as far as removing extra gold with the premium.

This game does not need to use peoples' incentive to get ahead to make money as there are plenty of opportunities to make profits from cosmetic micro transactions. The game would only be able to get bigger and better in my opinion. There could even be more competition instead of "Wallet Warriors" dominating the matches, more or less. How often do you see a game with Pay-To-Win features run live E-sports tournaments? Not many, if any at all.
But like I mentioned, even if it is not a permanent advantage (Meaning everyone is roughly equally geared at max level) it still takes away from the enjoyment from the game for everyone.

There is already proof that you can run a successful game using only cosmetic micro transactions, just look at games like Path of Exile and League of Legends.

Please just consider my point, stray away from Pay-To-Win (even if only a step at a time).

Other suggestions

These are some other jumbled suggestions/bugs I would like to see implemented/fixed in the game (Some have been mentioned on this forum I believe)

-Waiting screen; Allow players to queue for games in the lobby and possibly have an expected queue time.
-Allow respecs to cost gold instead of gems.
-The ability to create a custom game for friends and/or just yourself to explore new maps/tactics.
-Improve ally collision; When an ally runs into you, they should not knock you about like a football, this is more of an annoying mechanic than a useful/realistic one.
-Allow defend/attack maps to be chosen even at level 1, even if it is just one, It gets quite repetitive otherwise. (This may have been changed already? I am not sure. To be confirmed)
-Allow/fix alt+tab out of the game (Currently I have to bring up the "End Task" menu to minimize the game as my windows key also does not seem to have the desired effect, I am not sure if this is a problem solely with the game or with windows(Alt+Tab works with most other games just fine with the exception of one or two)).
-Sometimes while aiming an ability (usually when looking downwards towards enemies off a ledge) the reticule will snap/jump, making an accurate shot impossible.
-More cosmetic changes (Including gender changes).

Well that is all for now, I haven't played enough to really notice more annoyances or issues that concern me much past those I already listed (Apart from possible balancing issues, which I would like to keep out of this topic for now).

I have to disagree...
...League of Legends makes it so incredibly hard to unlock champions that you are pretty much forced to buy them with money or grind for days to unlock a single champion. (1 game = 80IP, decent champs cost 6000IP, average time for a game is 30min) you do the math.

Sorry but 99% of F2P games are trolls

Sad is also that cheaters that use bots to skip the grind really profit when it comes to overall costs.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 am

who care about buying all champions, at LOL if ur good u need 10-20 champ and u carry your team, u don't need to pay anything, all people are equal. matters of skills in game and tree talent choice.

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 am

I support the original post!

Incidentally I just posted my thoughts on the P2W issue in the thread on patch 32.2:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11937&start=20

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]