View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
why i won't keep playing 

Post why i won't keep playing
this game is not really enjoyable after all these things considered

1.The game is insanely unbalanced early game

2. support roles get no credit during the game you can be the best support in your match and be at the bottom this goes for tanks and every other support or even supporting like objective completion

3. allot of annoying bugs like right now my game settings won't stick so no name plates for me which makes healing completely ineffective

4. Gunners don't have really any variey

5. Beserkers dont really have a trade off whenit comes to them and tanks they have way too much health and armor

6. wtf is the point of grouping with friends if you get put on sep teams

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 am

Post Re: why i won't keep playing
1. Do you mean matches are unbalanced like because of levels of players? I would say the imbalance is caused 'very only' by skill of each player (how good they are). And this is met in all games.

2. Totally disagree. I have been on top as a sapper many times, as well as i seen many of other sappers on the top. Ive just played a game where a tank was on top in one team and a frostwitch in the other one;) Though i think i've never met Paladin as a 1st player due to points gained. But it's only Paladin.

3. bugs. - Well, yes there are some. Tho i don't really get the one you tell about.

4. What?;o I don't understand

5. you mean like zerks were overpowered? These are orcs.. Cmon, some class must have power in their hands... And a tank can easily win a solo with a zerk. Also zerk can be really damaged by gunners or sisters of fire, as well as can be frozen by a frostwitch. Berserkers are so slow...

6. You don't if none of the players in the group jump out of queue. Get ready at the same moment and just wait. If one of you clicks 'unready' just for a moment, they jump out of your queue. That's the reason of separate teams. The reason can be also the fact that in one group there are 3 inquisitors or gunners. Im not sure if there is any limit for mages, but for the two characters is max 2 for a team.

Greetings

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 am

Xylar wrote:
1. Do you mean matches are unbalanced like because of levels of players? I would say the imbalance is caused 'very only' by skill of each player (how good they are). And this is met in all games.

Level 3s in a game with a level 15+ is insanely unbalanced.

Quote:
2. Totally disagree. I have been on top as a sapper many times, as well as i seen many of other sappers on the top. Ive just played a game where a tank was on top in one team and a frostwitch in the other one;) Though i think i've never met Paladin as a 1st player due to points gained. But it's only Paladin.

You were on top as a sapper because people used your teleports and your totems regenerated energy. Thats how you contribute. but a tank who only gets points when he blocks with his shield, or a Paladin who only gets points when other people kill is not fun or balanced.

Quote:
3. bugs. - Well, yes there are some. Tho i don't really get the one you tell about.

He's saying that in his game, players have no nametags, so he doesnt know who's friendly and who isnt in a melee (where the flags cant easily be seen)

Quote:

Just because you dont understand doesnt mean that it's not a valid concern. I main gunner, I find it HILARIOUSLY fun when I get a good setup, and frustrating as hell when I cant get my gun operational because of zerks and inqs - as it should be. But, the gunner is a one-trick pony. Find a spot, set your gun up, hope you dont get ganked before you get in it, slap some armor on, drop some traps, and fire until you overheat. There's no real strategy.

Quote:
5. you mean like zerks were overpowered? These are orcs.. Cmon, some class must have power in their hands... And a tank can easily win a solo with a zerk. Also zerk can be really damaged by gunners or sisters of fire, as well as can be frozen by a frostwitch. Berserkers are so slow...

Zerks are insanely OP, at low levels at least. Not sure about higher levels, I get the feeling the peak early.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Baconated wrote:
Xylar wrote:

Level 3s in a game with a level 15+ is insanely unbalanced.

I've never met with such a game. On early level, up to 4 i always played with max 10. I had a few battles as a 8 lv with 15, and only recently i met 20 lvs while playing on 8 lv. Also when i play 15-20 lv I dont think i meet such low levels. Are you sure you saw 3 lv together with 15+?

Baconated wrote:
Xylar wrote:

You were on top as a sapper because people used your teleports and your totems regenerated energy. Thats how you contribute. but a tank who only gets points when he blocks with his shield, or a Paladin who only gets points when other people kill is not fun or balanced.

A tank can get a lot of points with blocking gunners and/or mages, and i gave an example of such a game. And agreed with Paladin's problem.

Baconated wrote:

Xylar wrote:

Just because you dont understand doesnt mean that it's not a valid concern. I main gunner, I find it HILARIOUSLY fun when I get a good setup, and frustrating as hell when I cant get my gun operational because of zerks and inqs - as it should be. But, the gunner is a one-trick pony. Find a spot, set your gun up, hope you dont get ganked before you get in it, slap some armor on, drop some traps, and fire until you overheat. There's no real strategy.

I didn't say it's not a valid concern, i just didn't know what he meant, i was not even sure if it was about the 'variety' word, thats why. Now i get it, thanks. So now, knowing the statement, I agree with that. Gunner's a bit boring character.

Baconated wrote:
Xylar wrote:

Zerks are insanely OP, at low levels at least. Not sure about higher levels, I get the feeling the peak early.

Recently i created the most of my characters - excluding zerk and gunner, which i have since longer time ago and on higher levels - and I didn't notice such an overpower of zerks.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Zerks are not overpowered, if you can play against a zerk 1 vs 1, you can beat him EASILY. You can attack him twice between his attacks as a tank, and still get your shield back up to block his power attack.

Yes, they are annoying because if you are a second late he probably killed you. That is part of the game though, knowing your surroundings, and teammates having your back.

http://www.madcastgaming.com/

MadCast Tarrington

Tarrington-Tank Level 20

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 pm

sycogenesis wrote:
this game is not really enjoyable after all these things considered

1.The game is insanely unbalanced early game

2. support roles get no credit during the game you can be the best support in your match and be at the bottom this goes for tanks and every other support or even supporting like objective completion

3. allot of annoying bugs like right now my game settings won't stick so no name plates for me which makes healing completely ineffective

4. Gunners don't have really any variey

5. Beserkers dont really have a trade off whenit comes to them and tanks they have way too much health and armor

6. wtf is the point of grouping with friends if you get put on sep teams

1.agree
2.dont agree
3.agree
4.neither does any other class...
5.agree

this game will remain dead because it is pay to win to an extreme extent unless you wonna play pretty much naked for a few months.. most people will pay at least 4.72 dollars which is 2 euros for there gear to get started only to find that they should have gone the berserker.. rather than rerolling they will quit they invested money and time into there class they wont do it again.. all classes should have th feeling they can take any other class and all should give you the feeling you will one day make this character a god.. but instead only the berserker does.. with the berserker having more dmg on his lvl one weapon than a inquisitor does on his 30 weapon and 3k before lvl 5 health the berserker can do anyones job better. whether kill turrets or sorcs or hold control point.. his dmg his speed his health and his 90% block make him the end all be all.. that will never change as gear gets better whats already over powered will simply scale like all the rest to still be the op over them.. everyone who plays this game can see that and thats why they all quit.. couple that with all the glitches and exploits in this game and how the social aspect of it works ... recruit a friend does not work for steam users either so they have no reason to invite anyone.. and with the forementioned why would they..

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:03 am

Out of interest which role are you playing? I have no issue with getting high scores with a tank, more importantly playing a really important role for the team.

And as for Beserkers being OP, the only reason they feel like that early is people dont know how to counter them. I love to tank zerkers, regardless of their level and gear, they will only beat me if I get something wrong. They are very slow and their power attacks are really telegraphed and leave them open for counter.

Gunnar - Gat Ling 20

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 am

Ronald Miller wrote:
this game will remain dead because it is pay to win to an extreme extent unless you wonna play pretty much naked for a few months.. most people will pay at least 4.72 dollars which is 2 euros for there gear to get started only to find that they should have gone the berserker.. rather than rerolling they will quit they invested money and time into there class they wont do it again.. all classes should have th feeling they can take any other class and all should give you the feeling you will one day make this character a god.. but instead only the berserker does.. with the berserker having more dmg on his lvl one weapon than a inquisitor does on his 30 weapon and 3k before lvl 5 health the berserker can do anyones job better. whether kill turrets or sorcs or hold control point.. his dmg his speed his health and his 90% block make him the end all be all.. that will never change as gear gets better whats already over powered will simply scale like all the rest to still be the op over them.. everyone who plays this game can see that and thats why they all quit.. couple that with all the glitches and exploits in this game and how the social aspect of it works ... recruit a friend does not work for steam users either so they have no reason to invite anyone.. and with the forementioned why would they..

This game is not p2w. Don't try to reach 20 lv in 3 days. It's sure you will be losing every single time, when you have to play with experienced and skilled players. They would beat you even if you were fully geared and they were neaked... Don't expect that after a week of playing you will be 'a god'. Those few months are to make you be experienced and with some reasonable gear BEFORE you get 20 level...
And zerks are not overpowered. Did you just say something good about their speed? they can only sprint fast. That's all they have of their 'speed'. While fighting they are the slowest character in this game.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]