View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Bug: Death by Teleport 

Post Bug: Death by Teleport
Just a formal bug report. No discussion intended or needed from my side.

I spawned with some teammates. One used the sapper's teleporter before me. Me and one other guy were standing around it, waiting for it to be usable again. Normally one after the other can use it without any problem.
The next moment we both got teleported at the very same time and I was instantly dead while my teammate ran away.
No, there was no enemy, neither at the teleporter entrance nor at the teleporter exit. I just spawned dead at the exit.
I guess it's because there were 2 player models at the exact same time at the exact same place (x-,y-,z-coordinates) so the game had to get rid of one but I'll leave that technical mumbo-jumbo to the devs ;)

I unfortunately have no screenshot but it wouldn't anyway show something important but only me lying dead in the teleporter exit.
This was the first time this happened to me in quite some games, hours spend and teleporters used, so I would say it's not critical, but it's there.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 am

Post Re: Bug: Death by Teleport
When you teleport your all body is destroyed and then recreated to another location. It seem there was not enought crystal energy for both of you in the teleporter so your body was recreated but not fonctionnal ergo you died !

Dwarf's machines are always dangerous !

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:48 am

Low quality Flux Capacitor import from russia :mrgreen: :P

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:21 pm

maybe you teleported into 4 traps and instant died? ;)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:17 am

Nope I don't think so. I neither heard any trap sounds nor saw anything lying around. I guess my teammate, a witch if i remember correctly, who got teleported at the same split second to the same place, would have been killed, too, if there was an external damage source applying damage to our location.

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Today I teleported at the same splitsecond as an friendly icewitch and we both got stuck at the same position in the teleporter-exit. I had to commit suicide.
While the 10s counter was running there were other teammates teleporting but did not get stuck inside us.

After respawning I teleported again, the icewitch did not move yet so I teleported into her and we got stuck again. Maybe she could not move even though I commited suicide to get her unstuck.

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]