View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
THIS IS THE MAIN MATTER THAT'S MATTER 

Post THIS IS THE MAIN MATTER THAT'S MATTER
WHO THE FxxK WILL STAY IN PANZAR IF WAITING IN THE QUEUE LIKE FOREVER!?

Try thinking, when you are going to enjoy some games, some killing deathmatch on panzar, every match you have to wait for the queue to get into game, sometimes it is like 1mins, sometimes it is like 3 hours, averagely for me to get into a match is like 40mins. Well, who will want to play such stupid game waiting it for such long?

This is why panzar having lesser player and it will getting worst and worst. The more player leave from the queue, the harder for player to get matching.

I do not care it is whether the system, the whichever reason, this game not allow player to create room or either play it when we feel want to play, we can't do anything except for waiting and fxxking waiting, which is the biggest failure. If this game fail to remain the player, how is it going to attract new player? And how this stupid queue make sense on too less of player?

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Post Re: THIS IS THE MAIN MATTER THAT'S MATTER
kay wrote:
Try thinking, when you are going to enjoy some games, some killing deathmatch on panzar, every match you have to wait for the queue to get into game, sometimes it is like 1mins, sometimes it is like 3 hours, averagely for me to get into a match is like 40mins. Well, who will want to play such stupid game waiting it for such long?

I'm playing in the evening and waiting no longer than 10 minutes.

kay wrote:
This is why panzar having lesser player and it will getting worst and worst. The more player leave from the queue, the harder for player to get matching.

Queuing isn't actually a biggest problem here.

kay wrote:
I do not care it is whether the system, the whichever reason, this game not allow player to create room or either play it when we feel want to play, we can't do anything except for waiting and fxxking waiting, which is the biggest failure.

No chance to work. Games like Panzar need perfect balance, and people can't just choose where they want to play.

SAP- He's a Baguette Maker, knowing that full warrior is a strong warrior

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Playing a Paladin I rarely have to wait long to find a match.
But I can understand his anger. Waiting and having nothing to do except watching the kiddies in the chats is boooring.

I always tab out of the game and browse in the interwebz. Additionally I always have someone to talk to on teamspeak and listen to music in the background, so I'm not getting bored at all.
But I think there are some things that Panzar can give the player while he is waiting:
- Let him browse through the other tabs, like the forge. Don't let him create anything, just let him browse.
- Show statistics like how many players with what level and class and battle value in queue. Don't know how that algorithm works in detail .. if there are some players already mixed together and you only have to wait for some others to complete the 20 let those already chosen ones into the match and let them have a longer warmup time. No obejctives or whatsoever yet, just being able to jump over the map and chat with the teammates and enemies.
- Any kind of PvE stuff. Throw the player alone on an empty map. Let him play the tutorial again. A 2m² small room with crash test dummies inside. Just anything simple what you can think of. Minigame "Tetris" or "Super Mario". There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to do anyting, you feel enchained in a straitjacket.
- Everything somehow sums up to one main aspect: Let the players actively DO anything while waiting or at least let him understand why he is waiting and what he is waiting for.

I know that the devs are hopefully working on anything to reduce waiting times and to reduce frustration and boredem. The FAQ says they are working on PvE content, Queen Bee says the next 2 months are going to be rock'n'roll, so let's be a little more patient before we grab the forks and torches to lynch the office orcs.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion skhar.

Though there are still plenty of bug and problem in the game, but the thing most matter to me is when I invited some friends to group up and play together, the long waiting time (ps: experienced a 4 hours waiting by group with 2 friends but no match to play) frustrate the new player and making them lost the patient on this game.

I understand that solo will probably take within 10-15mins for a game in the right time, but grouping stuff was the funniest thing to play with friend in this game, hence the solution of skhar should be takes seriously and may atleast provide some mini match for friends.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22 pm

We already recognized the increasing queue times for groups sometimes, too.
We found match after match within few seconds. But suddenly we waited for 2 hours. Then we had the idea "let's ready up alone and let's see how this will work."
After 5 seconds we both had a match. Different matches. So there were at least 38 other people in our level range but we as a group got ignored.
Maybe it's because the matchmaker suddenly was not able to get our battlevalues together anylonger or whatsoever ... but that really annoyed us.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 pm

kay wrote:

Well said, try thinking. If you can get to a game in one minute, you should notice something. I do strongly believe that 100 iq points is enough to notice that if only you hit 'ready' just after finishing battle, you don't wait for longer that a few minutes. It's only to think about it, for me it didn't take so long to notice that.. and last few months i play here, i haven't waited for longer than 10 minutes, including 5 am GMT or something, when there are like 40 ppl on global chat (which - the number - always says something about the actual number of the players online at a moment). And NOT depending on what character do i choose, neither what level (recently i had characters on actually every level group).

kay wrote:

I don't think the number of players decreases. Tho it doesnt increase i guess, which is sad and i hope will change.

About waiting the only thing they should do imho is to acknowledge players with the queueing issue. Though well I don't have any tips about that and still can imagine the system very well, and the image really fits at every aspect of the waiting.

kay wrote:
Though there are still plenty of bug and problem in the game, but the thing most matter to me is when I invited some friends to group up and play together, the long waiting time (ps: experienced a 4 hours waiting by group with 2 friends but no match to play) frustrate the new player and making them lost the patient on this game.

Are you honest at the moment? You know, even if you have e.g. 2 inqs and a gunner (which are 'overnumbered' classes) in your group, when you all hit ready and stay ready, won't do any break even for a second, you would wait max for an hour if only there is a game for your level at a moment. Tho i guess that was not such a set up, so it was better. When in a group its actually harder to get in game, because when you all in one queue, it must be able to put each of you. Unless you hit ready and your partner does not, or does 5 minutes later. Then its highly probable for you to be in different teams or even battles. That is how I imagine this, till now on my observation seems to me to be working.
Exactly what skhar said in the last message.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Exactly, me myself inquisitor, 1 gunner, 1 berserker, yet we cant get any game in 4 hours, this is serious as we click ready on the same moment and we were playing card beside our pc for 4 hours without a single match.
That's why im here posting such issue to aware the dev team or other player who face the same experience and frustration.

I was experiences few matches with you Xylar, tanker right? always doing great.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:42 am

Our future patch should solve the queueing issue. Though as usual I'm held to secrecy, so I can't tell you how - but it's pretty genius.

The current situation on queueing:

Some classes (gunner and inqui) have longer queues simply because they are more popular.

Certain times of day - early morning on a Friday for example :mrgreen: - the queue is slow.#

Certain levels are slower.

Group queueing: - I asked the devs - because literally we have been trying to group with Sam Swishinator and others for the last day or so and it just wasn't working - apparently there is a bug and they are working on a fix at the moment. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Unhumbly, Your European Community Manager

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am

I actually play every class now, yeah recently played tank a lot.

Well, so i don't reccommend putting a gunner and an inq in one group. The longest time i waited for a game was 50 minutes, but it was like 3/4 months ago. So 4 hrs was ridiculous for me to hear. You must have had strange level setup:|

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Yep, sadly your current issue is mainly caused by the choice of classes in your party. It takes longer to find a group in a party anyway as the engine has to find a game with two spots, whilst matching the maximum role requirements. If you have both and inq and gunnar in a group then the matching engine needs to find a game with spots for both those classes, which are already oversubscribed. I know this doesnt help you, but I guarantee that if you were a group of 1 zerk and 1 paladin you would find game in a few minutes. Solo I rarely have long enough to make a cup of tea between games on all my characters.

Very good to hear about the new matching system Queen Bee, sounds interesting.

Gunnar - Gat Ling 20

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next