View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Berserker questions. 

Post Berserker questions.
What are the abilities I should level up first as a berserker? I'm looking at 7 points I have available, what should I get with my first 7. What are the early essentials?

Thanks for answering my newby questions.

Edit: Moved the topic to Class Specifics. -Ufinicie

Sun May 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Post Re: Berserker questions.
1.Frenzy
2.Consecration
3.Pounce
4.Finishing Blow
5.Pounce 2
6.Crushing Blow
7.Sucker Punch

Sun May 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Here's a good way to spend 7 first skill points in my opinion:
1. Frenzy. One level just yet. 5% to attack speed may seem irrelevant, but it can get you upper hand with another zerkers.
2+3. Pounce. Both levels. This is the main skill for low level berserker. It is important to get second level because of 50% critical hit chance bonus.
4. Kill Reward. 5 CP for each kill can't hurt.
5. Sucker Punch. You need it mainly against witches. Berserkers can jump out from the freezing, but the witch will mess up your team.
6+7. And finally you need to choose two out of three from Crushing Blow, Finishing Blow and Consecration. Both blows are good to utilize the extra CP which you will get for sure. FB is kinda safe bet, but CB can work wonders in combo with Pounce (it also can be a waste because of initially low dmg). And if you feel uncertain then maybe it's a good idea to buff you orc a bit with passive bonus.

PS
Damned AllStar got ahead of me while I was typing all this.
But I'll still post it. Just in case )

ImageImage

Sun May 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I think its just better to let your imagination flow, and pick abilities, what you think will suit you more. Because as you see, already 2 players, got 2 different points of view.

Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm

AllStar wrote:
I think its just better to let your imagination flow, and pick abilities, what you think will suit you more. Because as you see, already 2 players, got 2 different points of view.

True dat.

My point of view?
No matter what, get finishing blow as fast as you can. :)

Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 pm

AllStar wrote:

Hm. There is exactly the same skills in both our lists. Except I've thrown the Kill Reward in the mix. I think there is very little space to wiggle on low levels for berserker. And you can cripple him easily by choosing the wrong skills.

ImageImage

Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm

AllStar wrote:

Both of these guys helped me by posting, I agree that everyone will have their own build but I had no idea what to do. Thanks everyone.

Sun May 12, 2013 8:07 pm

i just picked what i thought would suite my play style and it worked out, i would suggest getting finishing blow just for the raw killing power

Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 am

AllStar wrote:

^True. I love the Pounce skill and every Berserker should get it as soon as possible. Nothing better than Poucing behind a turrent to send a Dwarf flying. :lol:

Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

personally... as a team player and less of a K/D whore I prefer crushing blow. the fact that i can walk up to a bunch of enemies on the PoC and smack them for a good deal of damage that will help my team mates kill the whole lot is better to me than the kill i get from finishing blow. A lot of people dont expect it either and end up with a lot lower health than they wanted. Additionally if they choose not to block it and you hit them they go flying just like your PA. Very handy in team battles for sure.

Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]