View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The game won't work twice on Win10 64 

Post The game won't work twice on Win10 64
The game was working fine months ago on Win7 64. I tried to reinstall it on Win 10 64 (on the same computer) but it dos not work well.

I can install the game without any error message and start it once and play. However, once I've left the game and try to start it again, I can't. The second time, the launcher starts, scans a ~2gb element just fine, then a 158kb one where it gets stuck until it removes itself. By that, I mean the launcher terminates itself and deletes the panzar\start.exe file from the hard drive.

After looking a bit closer, the Panzar\Bin32 directory contains a PnzWebWrapper.exe.pnztmp file, which wasn't there before. And after investigations, there was a Panzar\Bin32\PnzWebWrapper.exe file after I started the game initially, but it is removed when I try to start it again.

That Bin32 thing seems surprising, considering I use Win10 64 and that when the game actually gets past the launcher, it uses Bin64\PnzCl.exe

I've tried:
- re-installing, both torrent and installer versions from the official website, same problem
- installing and starting the game, all with admin privileges, no change
- giving all access permissions on Panzar directory and subdirectories to all groups/users, no change
- turning off my anti-virus, just in case, no change
- copying back start.exe from a backup and deleting Panzar\Bin32\PnzWebWrapper.exe.pnztmp

Technically, that last solution works. Except it requires to reboot in failsafe mode, I just cannot do it without failsafe even in admin with all permissions granted. And of course, after I have successfully started the game once, I have to do it again, meaning it's not an acceptable solution.

Any suggestion ?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:12 am

Post Re: The game won't work twice on Win10 64
Hi,

Add c:\games\panzar to your Anti Virus Safe Folders.

That should fix your problem.

With kind regards,

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Thu May 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Post Re: The game won't work twice on Win10 64
Thank you. It works.

It seems I fail at turning an anti-virus off, since it did not fix anything when I thought I had.

Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]