View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Questions about Patch 34? 

Post Re: Questions about Patch 34? Live Stream, POSTPONED
CANCELLED LIVE STREAM with Queen Bee at 15.00 CET CANCELLED

Unhumbly, Your European Community Manager

Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 am

Post Re: Questions about Patch 34? Live Stream, Friday 30.05
Why canceled?

Fri May 30, 2014 3:37 pm

HEY, WHERE ARE OUR CRYSTALS AFTER LAST TOURNAMENT?

EU/RU: EnigmaU Sister Of Fire
stream: twitch.tv/ColdLady

Sat May 31, 2014 4:32 pm

Abstract:
What I am about to write is my personal opinion about the new patch 34 and the game mechanics. I introduce few bugs (or what I assume that may be bugs) and I also give some criticques followed by few suggestions for improvement of the game. I would like to emphasize that my aim of this post is only for Panzar improvement and I hold no offence towards anyone, otherwise I wouldn't sit and waste my time writing it.

Introduction
What is a GOOD GAME? There are lots of games on market but which one is qualified to be called a GOOD game? I would say graphics and physics is important in MMO games but what makes people keep playing it is good mechanics.
What is good mechanics?
A BALANCED environment even though there exist VERY different races and classes.
A SUSTAINABLE Economy which keeps player stable.
Team work in PvP
And challenge for EVERYONE

The new patch 34
Now what I am trying to say is that this new patch turned an almost balanced game to a very unbanalnced one:
Now Inquisitors can run all around like horses out of reach. (No power consumption in running) They unleash that power to their opponents by power attack twice or three times in less than a second? (Well that's a joke!) Of course their victim will die out of that out burst damage and will refind the inquisitor's power and HP. Therefore the inq will go on and on killing all the living on the map... As you see there is no challenge in this, no team work, no skill and not even a brain is requiered to play this character. Just one click play...
The statistics shows that now most of the inquisitors are on top just for these new changes.
Changes for INQUISITOR:
- Changes to “Fetters” skill: new animation, 0.6 sec precast added.
- Changes to “Fetters” skill: movement speed decreased on 50% during the precast.
- Changes to “Fetters” skill CP: level 1 increased from 10 to 15 class points, level 2 from 7 to 10 class points.
- Changes to “Eye of the Wolf” skill: can be used when walking
- Changes to”Handful of Dust” skill: cast time 0.2 secs faster
- Changes to”Handful of Dust” skill CP: from 5 to 7 class points.
- Power attack speed reduced, but time of impact is unchanged.
These 3 changes (faster power attack, no power consumption in running and 0.2 secs faster cast of Hanful of dust made almost Inquisitors invincible. In general I think inquisitor class needs to be reviewed as their skills are too cheap and deadly..
There are two more one click play characters that I think they need a review as well as inquisitors and those are sister of fire and Berserkers.
Anyway I dont want you to spend your whole evening reading my tread so I will wrap it up with the bugs and few suggesions that could be reflected to the game:

The bugs:
- For Gunners ugrading the destroyed cannon reduces Class point! which I think it is unfair if that is not a bug. (while the gunner is upgrading his cannon, someone demolishes the cannon)
- Inquisitors can backstab from front! When inquisitors are too close to their opponents facing them, their swords run through the opponent and probably will hit the back of their opponent. What I understood from back stab is while they face their oponents BACK it is counted as backstab. (I am not talking about when inquisitor do the power attack and do one step forth to seek the opponent back, that's another story)
- Traps (mostly) and buildings (rarely but happens) do not drop or register while their cost is reduced.
- Sometimes camera is pinned on one spot and can't move anymore. The game needs to be restarted. This rarely happens but Thought worth mentioning that here.
- While upgrading items, if someone group up with you, the curser turns busy and you can't click on any button. game must be restarted.

My Suggestions to improve the game:
- Reduce the power of skyfire. Considering the power of skyfire no fire mage would use their other abilities. Let's compair two powerful skills of fire mages:
Torrent of fire: 45 CP cost and 975(base power)*5(sec) does 4875 total damage which is a beam of fire and can be blocked by a tank
Skyfire: 60 CP cost and 187(base power)*4(stack)*11(sec) 8228 total damage which is a wide area of fire only solution ring of immunity (which any class can interrupt it)
Of course fire mages would wait 15 CP more to use skyfire ALWAYS and they most probably will re-earn half of their CP points back by kill reward. So either this skill must be more expensive if you are planning to keep it that way or reduce the power which I think it is more logical.
- Reduce the power attack of inquisitors if you are planing to keep the power attack speed which i think it's a joke...
- If an inquisitor attacks a round structure is it going to be counted as backstab? as they can collaps down the whole dwarven palace in less than a second or two... It has become one shot one kill.. which is no challenge for inquisitors anymore. In a good game every class must think twice attacking any other class or at least thats my idea of a challenge.
- why INSTANT ice has 1.6 sec cast time? that's another joke!
- Players gain no class point from attacking targets while keep blocking and friendly teammates keep blocking the projectiles unleashed from the gunners cannon. No the question rises how the gunner gains class points at all? They are hopeless against inquisitors, berserkers and firemages. It takes time for them to settle and even if they do, skyfire, zerk vortex and inqs wipe them out in less than 3 seconds. My statistics shows not many gunners are playing after this new patch. So please review the gunner class as well. make them more endurable in whatever way you would prefer so that they be able to play in tournaments as well as any game... They are hopeless..
- Maybe the buckshot stuns the target too? would be a great help.
- More points in altar so people can have a specialization in a path or two...
- Maybe longer the CD of the health potions? Some people live on potions :|
- The Economy of the game has gone sick. It must be at least barely sustainable like 3 or 4 patches before. I know you are trying to persuade people to use permium account but please know that free players keep the game alive as well. It deffinitly wouldn't end well If the game takes the road of pay to win. It loses the good quality of equilibrium and in result people will leave the game. That would be a short investment. But if you would think of a long investment please consider my remarks.

at the end I would thank you all for taking your time reading my post.

Cheers,

Taser

Taser
Taser Craftman
FrostCrystal
Helliya
Dr. Taser
IronPaw
Gallagalla
Snewsnew

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Heh, normally i wouldn't read that as I am not so into this game as I used to be, but I liked the look of the report - it looks the same as in all of my English handbooks I used to study with ;o

Well I didn't play after this patch, but I can't remember anything (from the changes list) about increasing the inq's PA speed. And you said he's got a faster PA - hm?
If you describe any of these chars as 'one click chars' well I suggest you play more as none of these is one click char. They require a lot of skill, one more, one less (talking about sister and zerker, i never played inq too much). And I strongly suggest you try playing any other char than a gunner ;)

Imho skyfire's power isn't bad. It can be stopped by a tank so that it didn't reach some certain place, and even if not - it's one of the two reasonable ways to destroy a dwarven 'camp'. And when thrown on the control point.. there are usually only orcs (many hp - can run out from the circle), icewitches (resistent on fire) and healers (actually similiar to orcs, plus self healing). And the kill reward is as far as i remember 5 cp per kill, so 30 would be 6 kills , lol very rarely can you see 6 players of one team in one 11m-radius circle;)

Power of inq's PA.. well, yeah maybe a little reduction as it used to happen sometimes to me that i was one-hit-killed by an inq:) which imho indeed is a bit exaggeration of his power.

about this round structure - what do you mean? can't understand what you talk about.
insta freeze time - you suggest it's too fast or too slow?
Gunners are OP.
points in altar - what? (same that about the round structure, above)
I would agree with it (about health potions)

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

Xylar wrote:
Heh, normally i wouldn't read that as I am not so into this game as I used to be, but I liked the look of the report - it looks the same as in all of my English handbooks I used to study with ;o

Well I didn't play after this patch, but I can't remember anything (from the changes list) about increasing the inq's PA speed. And you said he's got a faster PA - hm?
If you describe any of these chars as 'one click chars' well I suggest you play more as none of these is one click char. They require a lot of skill, one more, one less (talking about sister and zerker, i never played inq too much). And I strongly suggest you try playing any other char than a gunner ;)

Imho skyfire's power isn't bad. It can be stopped by a tank so that it didn't reach some certain place, and even if not - it's one of the two reasonable ways to destroy a dwarven 'camp'. And when thrown on the control point.. there are usually only orcs (many hp - can run out from the circle), icewitches (resistent on fire) and healers (actually similiar to orcs, plus self healing). And the kill reward is as far as i remember 5 cp per kill, so 30 would be 6 kills , lol very rarely can you see 6 players of one team in one 11m-radius circle;)

Power of inq's PA.. well, yeah maybe a little reduction as it used to happen sometimes to me that i was one-hit-killed by an inq:) which imho indeed is a bit exaggeration of his power.

about this round structure - what do you mean? can't understand what you talk about.
insta freeze time - you suggest it's too fast or too slow?
Gunners are OP.
points in altar - what? (same that about the round structure, above)
I would agree with it (about health potions)

I suggest you play this new patch and then reply :) and definitly I suggest you play gunner to grasp what I am saying. I have sister of fire, Frost witch, Gunner, sapper level 30, paladin Inquisitor level 28, zerk 22 and tank 15. I have played this game long enough to sense which character is normal and which is over powered. As I said it is all matter of Challenge. I would make you sure if Gunners were overpowered they would have been used in tournaments but they are NOT. In end gaming they have no power. Gunners only rule from lvl 1 to 20 after that they suffer alot. Playing gunner is not sittng in your torret and shoot people, well it would be so if no one would come after you but, lets face it, ANY CHARACTER can kill gunner. At the start of a match gunner cant even plant his cannon on the ground as inquisitors, berserks even sometimes tanks come and take whatever you build down... Dont even mention skyfire. That dwarven camp that you are talking about is long gone! now any zerk, tank or fire mage can take the camp individually.. My point is whats the challenge in shooting 20 fire balls (to collect 60 CPs) and then click a botton to destroy a so called camp? thats ridiculous. I judge this because I played both characters.

I rephrase the sentences that was not clear enough:
- Instant ice is better to get back to normal Instant ice. 1.6 sec cast time is not necessary.
- Round structures are like Tesla poles, Teleport in and out, traps... anything round with no face and back. What would be considered for Inquisitors? 160% extra backstab damage is significant enough to know.
- Extra points in altar for example as a sapper I improve either my traps or my walls or my mortar even. Or as inquisitor I improve my eye of wolf or the plague... you name it.. so this way you are specialized in a path.

There are lots more to descuss but as you said people wont take their time to read a long scripture :D Therefore I just mentioned to few of the issues. I would appreciate your replies but please if you do not agree with me in something dont just deny it. Give your reason so we know it otherwise your denial has no worth. A simple sentence of Gunners are OP doesnt really make any sense. A few reason following it would approve your statement.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Taser

Taser
Taser Craftman
FrostCrystal
Helliya
Dr. Taser
IronPaw
Gallagalla
Snewsnew

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:36 pm

The only thing confronted to the patch itself, that I told about, was inq's PA's speed. And it was actually a question about it.
And a gunner was my first character, which i played a few months constantly.

In public games, gunners are overpowered. A good gunner can deal incredibly lot of damage. And you can't deny that. No one can survive 30 seconds of being shot while fighting. Yeah every gunner-playing-person would love to just sit and shoot. Is it just? No, you shoot for 30 seconds and your cannon is destroyed by one of those you mention - by the way.. did you just say a tank can take down all the camp alone? 3 or 6 teslas with golems, plus number of traps? even with invulnerability it's damn impossible, too little power. And you say everyone can kill a gunner. And isn't it that a gunner can kill everyone as well? ^^
Gunner's play is just sometimes frustrating, but it doesn't mean it's unjust. It's just such a char.. Indeed a one-click char. And imho that's the reason it's frustrating for the gunner;) Either you keep left mouse button and are disastrous, or you get punched.

(insta freeze) You mean it's better when it's slow? Well I don't know, I don't care much. But by the way, does anyone know if there is some cast time of a tank's magical shield? I mean I think there is, but maybe it's only always lag on my device..
(round structures and inq) Agree that it shouldnt work like backstab. Idk if it actually does.
(altar) haha i thought of the map cursed altar and i was like 'wtf is he talking about' ;o - i don't think it's necessary, the game is more or less balanced as it is. And if you increase power of every skill, you finally kill everyone with one hit as your hp isn't improved.

Yeah okay i usually try to follow my statements with arguments. I guess it's just sometimes when i smile and say kind of joke (half joking half serious), or when I say some things that for me are obvious.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 am

Moscow was experiencing some electricity issues on Friday afternoon. So unfortunately you crystals never got transferred. UPDATED INFO: They will arrive on Tuesday. And we will organise a new stream now that there are a lot more questions and things to talk about. Keep updated here!

Unhumbly, Your European Community Manager

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 am

Taser wrote:
Abstract:
The new patch 34
Now Inquisitors can run all around like horses out of reach. (No power consumption in running) They unleash that power to their opponents by power attack twice or three times in less than a second? (Well that's a joke!) Of course their victim will die out of that out burst damage and will refind the inquisitor's power and HP. Therefore the inq will go on and on killing all the living on the map... As you see there is no challenge in this, no team work, no skill and not even a brain is requiered to play this character. Just one click play...

Since running doesn't suck energy, I still wonder why INQs invisibility might last 60 seconds ?! I can't recall any game offering such long state of invisibility.
Adding the lag factor, there's no chance of running away from lethal backstab of INQ anymore.
Maybe orcs are the only class being able to survive, as they have tons of HP ?

Taser wrote:
Abstract:
The bugs:
- For Gunners ugrading the destroyed cannon reduces Class point! which I think it is unfair if that is not a bug. (while the gunner is upgrading his cannon, someone demolishes the cannon)
- Inquisitors can backstab from front! When inquisitors are too close to their opponents facing them, their swords run through the opponent and probably will hit the back of their opponent. What I understood from back stab is while they face their oponents BACK it is counted as backstab. (I am not talking about when inquisitor do the power attack and do one step forth to seek the opponent back, that's another story)
- Traps (mostly) and buildings (rarely but happens) do not drop or register while their cost is reduced.

Sappers also started to loose CP after their structures are destroyed. I was lik "WTH did I just see?" after I saw -5 CP popping out of the bulb :shock:
So peeps need to watch out for their teleports - but I'm not sure if loosing CP is related to entrance or exit station.
As for INQs I think it's related to lags. Before the #34p I was being hit 1 per 3 times while I was running straight.
Now the max distance of INQs backstab doesn't matter. I die all the time, even after I do a 180° and set up a block.
It's always too late, and it useless as setting up a block against berserker's crushing blow :lol:

K, INQ might be a dmg dealer. But none of DMG dealers were running faster than all other classes.

Xylar wrote:

I thought that refrigerator's glare ice was supposed to neutralize skyfire. Isn't that true ?

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Post Re: Questions about Patch 34?
No, it only makes the enemys who run on this ice slip and fall down.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next